Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to get the Top 10 Categories in Chart

Hi,

I would like to know how to get the Top 10 Categories from Reporting Services chart without using the scripting in T-SQL to query from db.

Is there a function like Ranking and then we filter the Ranking to be less than or equal 10 ?

Please kindly direct me in step by step to the way on how to achieve this as I am quite new in Reporting Services Smile

Thank you

best regards,

Tanipar

An example of top N in a report can be seen in the execution log samples provided by MS. (These reports allow you to view stats on who is using which report in reporting services)

Set a filter (right click - properties - filters) on your table/grouping/whatever
to be something like

expression
=Sum(Fields!Executions.Value)

operator
top N

value
=10|||

Hi,

Thank you

But after I follow your instruction I got the following error message, any idea what happen :

An error occured during local report processing

An error has occured during report processing

The processing of SortExpression for the list 'List1' cannot be performed. The comparison failed. Please check the data type returned by the SortExpression

I have ensure the one that the field that I sum is the numbers.

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks

best regards,

Tanipar

|||

Hi,

After moving the TopN condition into the grouping, now I encounter another error :

An error has occured during report processing.

Failed to evaluate the FilterValue.

Can anyone help me ?

Many Thanks!

best regards,

Tanipar

|||I have this work already. Many thanks for your help !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment