Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to get the subtotal of a group?

I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
column?
thanks a lot.Cheers,
I am assuming you are using a matrix. Right click on the textbox that
you want to subtotal on and there should be an option for it (called
'Subtotal')...click on that and presto...it does it for you. Hope that
helps!
if you are not using a matrix, let me know and i will hopefully give
you correct direction on that or find some tech artical for you.
Thanks and have a great day, Kerrie
cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
> I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
> luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
> click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
> still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
> column?
> thanks a lot.|||Hi Kerrie,
No i am working on a table, there is one column I need to get the
subtotal on. It is not a matrix, do you have any clue on tables?
thanks
Cheers
Kerrie wrote:
> Cheers,
> I am assuming you are using a matrix. Right click on the textbox that
> you want to subtotal on and there should be an option for it (called
> 'Subtotal')...click on that and presto...it does it for you. Hope that
> helps!
> if you are not using a matrix, let me know and i will hopefully give
> you correct direction on that or find some tech artical for you.
> Thanks and have a great day, Kerrie
>
> cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
> > I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
> > luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
> > click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
> > still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
> > column?
> >
> > thanks a lot.|||You can copy that field and put it in the table footer or group footer.
then put sum in front of it. It will look like this. sum(field). Thats
it.
<cheers_ye@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1156792934.941494.202400@.m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Hi Kerrie,
> No i am working on a table, there is one column I need to get the
> subtotal on. It is not a matrix, do you have any clue on tables?
> thanks
> Cheers
>
> Kerrie wrote:
>> Cheers,
>> I am assuming you are using a matrix. Right click on the textbox that
>> you want to subtotal on and there should be an option for it (called
>> 'Subtotal')...click on that and presto...it does it for you. Hope that
>> helps!
>> if you are not using a matrix, let me know and i will hopefully give
>> you correct direction on that or find some tech artical for you.
>> Thanks and have a great day, Kerrie
>>
>> cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
>> > I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
>> > luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
>> > click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
>> > still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
>> > column?
>> >
>> > thanks a lot.
>|||On that, you would use your group footer for the subtotals...
ReportHeader....column headings (optional)
Group1Header...data (EX. Departments to your work)
Group2Header...data (EX. People in that dept. from Grp1Hdr)
GroupDetail......data (EX. Dates and Hours that each person worked
from Grp2Hdr)
Group2Footer....data (EX. The SUM(Hours) for that each person worked
from Grp2Hdr)
Group1Footer....data (EX. The Sum(Hours) for that each person worked
from Grp2Hdr in that Department Grp1Hdr)
ReportFooter.....data (EX. The SUM(Hours) for the hole report)
I hope this makes since, if not let me know and I will try to explain
it another way.
Thanks, Kerrie
cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Kerrie,
> No i am working on a table, there is one column I need to get the
> subtotal on. It is not a matrix, do you have any clue on tables?
> thanks
> Cheers
>
> Kerrie wrote:
> > Cheers,
> >
> > I am assuming you are using a matrix. Right click on the textbox that
> > you want to subtotal on and there should be an option for it (called
> > 'Subtotal')...click on that and presto...it does it for you. Hope that
> > helps!
> >
> > if you are not using a matrix, let me know and i will hopefully give
> > you correct direction on that or find some tech artical for you.
> >
> > Thanks and have a great day, Kerrie
> >
> >
> >
> > cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
> > > I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
> > > luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
> > > click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
> > > still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
> > > column?
> > >
> > > thanks a lot.|||Great, it works!!!!!!!!
so guys, keep in mind, in the future don't use expression like
= sum(field!*****, 'datatset1') for a group subtotal
use this instead --> = sum(field!*****)
hope everyone get it. It is that simple (don't let it waste more of
your time)
Have a good afternoon,
cheers
Ben Watts wrote:
> You can copy that field and put it in the table footer or group footer.
> then put sum in front of it. It will look like this. sum(field). Thats
> it.
> <cheers_ye@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1156792934.941494.202400@.m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi Kerrie,
> >
> > No i am working on a table, there is one column I need to get the
> > subtotal on. It is not a matrix, do you have any clue on tables?
> >
> > thanks
> > Cheers
> >
> >
> > Kerrie wrote:
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> I am assuming you are using a matrix. Right click on the textbox that
> >> you want to subtotal on and there should be an option for it (called
> >> 'Subtotal')...click on that and presto...it does it for you. Hope that
> >> helps!
> >>
> >> if you are not using a matrix, let me know and i will hopefully give
> >> you correct direction on that or find some tech artical for you.
> >>
> >> Thanks and have a great day, Kerrie
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> cheers...@.hotmail.com wrote:
> >> > I am new and I browsed through trying to find the answer but got no
> >> > luck. Everyone here says that to get a subtotal of a group just right
> >> > click on the group and get the subtotal. I tried so many times but
> >> > still can not find out how to do it. Where can i get subtotal of a
> >> > column?
> >> >
> >> > thanks a lot.
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment